<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, October 16, 2003

Meanwhile, my friend and former roomate Rob Fannion asked me if I had any insights about the CHinese space launch. I had to disappoint him with my lack of knowledge and really kind of boredom with a fantasy of the 60s. I guess that speaks of my post-materialist bias:

I am afraid that I will have to disappoint you, since I have not much to say about the space flight. Apparently, Jiang has taken a lot of the credit for the flight, but the weird thing is that he was absent at both the launch site and the space command center. As the Chairman of the Central Military Commission, he had a perfect right to it. The speculation is that this might signify his retirement in the near future. But no one really knows.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?